Thursday 22 March 2018

Usain Bolt finally convinces Jose Mourinho he's deadly serious about playing for Manchester United


The world's fastest man Usian Bolt has finally convinced Jose Mourinho that he's serious about playing for Manchester United.

The Jamaican sprinter hung up his spikes last year and since recovering from a hamstring tear has been touring football clubs building up fitness.


But Bolt has always been a Manchester United fan - and yesterday got the chance to impress Mourinho in the Hublot Match of Friendship used to mark the countdown to the World Cup.


The 31-year-old starred in the charity match and after the match a clearly-impressed Mourinho said: "When I listen to him speaking about football, I thought it was more a funny thing.


"A kid’s desire, a kid’s dream but I think not at all. Maybe football lost a talent to athletics.”


Bolt got on the scoresheet in the match - which finished 11-11 and featured Roberto Carlos, Marcel Desailly and Hernan Crespo - and was on-song for the team managed by Mourinho.

Bolt told the post-match Press conference he was a massive United fan - and when asked if he could play for them he added "let's see what happens."


Despite being a showpiece five-a-side charity even, the Jamaican hopes he's done enough to impress the Manchester United boss - and had a word with him after to that affect.

Bolt said after" "I just said I would love to play for the team, so give it some thought and see where it goes.

"After the trials I can tell him, listen I can do this and do that. So let's see what happens.


"I think I've done everything I can do in athletics. That's why I want to move on to football, because it would be a new challenge."

Bolt is due at Dortmund this week and should join a public training session on Friday believing he has the skill set to make it as a footballer.

"With training, I could be good," he has said. "Me and (Paul) Pogba talk a lot. I watch and ask him a lot of questions. I want to play but it has to be in the top league. I'm not content to be average.


Source: The Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment

Manchester United appoint new manager after Mourinho’s sack

Former Manchester United midfielder, Michael Carrick has been appointed to takeover as caretaker boss at the club.